Belmount Hall is a Grade II Listed Georgian house in the Lake District with stunning countryside and lake views. Formerly owned by Beatrix Potter, the house has been converted into a luxury Bed & Breakfast, and exclusive weddings and events venue. Our dedicated staff provide a welcoming, professional service throughout and are on hand every step of the way to ensure that you can relax. It is the perfect luxurious, comfortable home from home. We have six individually designed bedrooms. Please see “Luxury Accommodation” under “Menu” for more information.
COVID-19 UPDATE – September 2020 Because of the uncertainties created by the Covid 19 situation, with limits on the numbers able to attend events, we are very limited as to weddings and events we can host. So, for the moment, we are concentrating on our luxury guesthouse business. Belmount Hall offers a very special welcome!
- “Wonderful bed and breakfast in a lovely house in a fabulous setting. The hosts provide a fantastic relaxing, safe and controlled environment. Recommended!” 9 September 2020
- “Lovely bed and breakfast, the owners were wonderful and carefully carried out all covid precautions. I don’t remember the name of them but the owner gave us some wonderful biscuits she had made as we left! Stunning environment with lovely rooms and amazing views. Nothing was too much trouble.” 28 July 2020
- “One of Beatrix Potter’s homes in beautiful grounds and fabulous views from the front bedroom windows. The house has been kept in excellent order and spotlessly clean with most of the furniture antiques…this is an excellent wedding venue but at the moment doing B&B.” June 2020
- “Had our wedding here in 2017, perfect in every way. Highly recommended” July 2020
- “Beautiful venue with stunning views. The grounds are magical. Breakfast yummy had continental, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Bed and breakfast at Belmount Hall is a treat. Dog friendly and welcoming.” November 2019
- “Great venue, great staff, great service. Well done. Made for a fantastic wedding.” February 2018
- “A wonderful stay in a beautiful and historic house. Belmount Hall is a beautiful home, once owned by Beatrix Potter, and lovingly restored to its former grandeur by Chris and Gillie, the current owners. The house enjoys a wonderful setting, a short drive from the bustle of Ambleside, and with breathtaking views towards Esthwaite Water and the nearby village of Hawkshead. The bedrooms are clean and spacious and sympathetically furnished in keeping with the age and character of the house. If you prefer TVs and mini-bars in your room to tasteful artwork and antique furnishings, perhaps this isn’t the place for you. Chris and Gillie are warm, welcoming hosts with a passion for the hospitality business and the conservation of their historic home. The house is child and dog-friendly and the breakfasts fresh and beautifully cooked. Thank you for a wonderful stay. The boys are particularly keen to reacqauint themselves with Geoffrey and your other dogs. No complaints at all.” 24th August 2020.